Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Boredom kills the cat....




Not really sure where the title came...
maybe because I'm freaking bored on my current work :( ...
yeah.. the pay is good (really really good)...

I'm bored because my hands are itching to touch the production but I can't do anything....
back in my previous company I know almost all the admin accounts...
here they are expecting me to investigate something in production..
without giving any accounts, even a READ-ONLY account...
common!.. the first step in resolving an issue is to verify them..
via back-end.. maybe the user is just plainly stupid..
maybe he's just using a messed up PS query :P
maybe he's wrong/right the DB knows the answer....


I'm bored because I hate thinking like a stupid-user
The 2nd part is to replicate what had been done...
How can you replicate the scenario where all you can do is to imagine what the user had done...
they just emailed you:
We got this error on this page..
Please have a look..
Bye..

I was like... FTW!!...
I keep complaining on my leads that it's hard to replicate the issues when the user doesn't even mentioned what..
the hell are they doing....
Luckilly my lead is sort of supportive... maybe a couple of years in this firm..
made him soooo comfortable on this lack of informations....

It's fun that my "imaginary" know-how is being challenged :P...
at the end of the day.. i do always send like a huge email..
stating what the idiotic-user had PROBABLLY did...
and might PROBABLLY our root cause...

I'm bored because I don't have anything to do most of the time..
this isn't like before that every hour/move is chargeable or with matching ticket num#..
here I can put 3 days in a ticket, no questions asked...


I'm bored because it's too freaking cold in the office..
it's like less than 10C in the office...
the pantry doesn't have any nice cold-water too drink....
it only have hot water for their good 'ol tea...
even if I want to drink a hot water.. they don't have any mugs in here...
it's more like bring your own GD stuffs...
and to top it all....
NO COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

ad