Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blog Review: thesphinx

The Sphynx's World

Blog Overview:
a former college teacher, mother of four(4), wife of an overseas foreign worker (OFW).
I like reading forums/discussions and I sometimes give my own opinions/comments.
Basically, I'm a homebody.


Nice:
I love the Green-White layout and some shades of pink on the side bar.
The content and pics are pretty nice..

Suggestions:
I found some stuffs that were off:

Google:
The Google search box is kinda weird..
it seems that it just poked out of nowhere and positioned itself at the
top of the page.

You can put this search box on the side bar, or the topmost of the blog
just make sure the color will blend on the background.

Comment:

The comments box are kinda distracting.
It got a comment box on the top post and on the bottom post.
But the middled posts doesn't have any unless you click the main posts' link.
if we want to automatically show a comment box on every posts,
it's advised to only show 1 post per page, this will prevent the blog
being cluterred by comment boxes.

Mad Cat:

hehe... i double check if this is just a pic on the last post..
or a separate article.. oh wait it's a footer...
I don't really suggest putting a pic as a footer unless it's on
the center of the blog..
'coz the pic is kinda confusing I thought it's a separate post for real..
another suggestion would be.. to put this cat pic on the side bar..
and have a label like Inspirational/Funny pic :P

2 comments:

The_Sphinx's World said...

hahaha!!! You just proved me right. Now, I can tell my son and daughter I was right. I can now show them your comments. Thank you very much. My daughter put the mad cat pic and my son placed the comment box below the video. I'm going to edit it right now and thank you, really!

Zchen said...

hehe.. glad i could help :)

ad