Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New Haus New Hausmates :)

Last April 15 I officially relocated to Clementi..
just 15 mins away from my previous apartment which is in Dover..


Kinda sucks in a way, because in Dover it's only 1 bus stop away from
the office.. so I usually get-up around 8 am.. and left the apt around 8:30
arrived at my desk around 8:45 - 9 am..

But that's the only sucky part in my new Apt the rest is pretty cool..:

1. Lots of options..
Though right now I usually wake up around 7:30 am..
left the block at 8 am... take a bus #175/189 across the street...
then get off in the Clementi MRT station..
then take another bus #52/154/184 to work..

see I got multiple bus number to choose from..
and they usually got 2-5 mins interval with each other..
so if the previous bus num# is already full i can easily..
try the other bus..
unlike in my prevous apt.. I only got 1 option...
that dreaded bus #74 if I missed it in 8:15 am..
the next #74 will arrived at 8:45 :(

2. Free Bus Ride :)
If I'm lucky and arrived at the Clementi MRT station at 8:30 am..
I got a free ride on our shuttle.. :)
it's actually a school bus for the teachers/students/school staffs :P

3. Pinoy Food galore..
One thing I missed in my prev apt was the pinoy foods..
hehe.. cooking is not really my cup-of-tea..
and i'm not seeing it from becoming one in 5 yrs :P...
but here... everyone knows how to cook..
and we had decided to share on the groceries..
'coz it's cheaper to cook than to order food..
so goodbye.. tuna/noodles diet...

i mean the cook is pretty nice and tasty...
its like I finally tasted home-cooked sinigang & adobo in Singapore...
but the end of it all.. i felt really guilty..
they just noticed.. that I don't eat a lot..
and I'm always the last one to finish my plate..
i just tell them...
"sorry nde na kc me sanay kumain ng marame..
and mag rice.. you know naman na tuna lng tinitira ko before :P"
but the thing is... everytime i ate dinner with them..
i usually think of my wieght.. kinda like cursing..
every spoonful of rice that I ate..

i think i'm gaining some weight nga.. :(
i think i stand around 142 lbs before i moved in..
now i'm hitting 145.. small increase.. but i know if this dinner/pinoy food galore..
continues.. i'll be back on my own physique again :(

4. Nice hausmates :),
right now we're 4 in the flat..
2 of us guys in a room, and 2 chix in the other room..
there should be 3 chix in the other room, but the owner didn't allow her
to moved in because she haven't found any job in here yet, and she's in tourist visa..
you need to have a valid Working permit in order for you to rent a place..
that's the law.. some really didn't follow it.. but the owner is too afraid
to loose her place if she break it that's why she insisted the other one not to move in yet...

Ed (roommate)
A Chem Eng Mapua Grad :)...
feels nice talking to a schoolmate..
though our experiences in mapua were ages apart..
hehehe... he's a batch 1993 and I'm 1999 :P
anyways... he's a family man btw..
his family is in the phil...
not sure when they are planning to migrate here..
but he's a pretty cool hausmate..
Mr. Fix-It... he fixed our lavatory, strip down the
smelly-old-fart chairs... sorry the owner is a 80+ yr old woman..
so all the stuffs in the flat are all smells like hell...
and it's her first time to put her place for rent since she needs a lot of money
for her foot... she can't hardly walk... signs of old age..

oh yeah he's a great cook..
since his work is at 7am-5pm..
he usually take care of our dinner..

Beth (hausmate)
hmm forgot what she took in college..
but she supposed to be in the same field as I am...
hmm I think she finished an IT course..
oh crap already forgot about that.. hehehe...
btw. she also have a family in phil..
actually she got 2 kids and her husband which is taking care of them..
I won't forget when the first time she told me about her family..
she keep on saying:
"pero mabait naman un, kahit wala xang work"...
I was like
"nyek.. defensive mo naman.. wala naman ako cnasabe regarding s hubby mo.. :P
kc nde ko naman xa kilala.. xaka as long as inaalagaan nya anak nyo.. oks na un :)"

here's something interesting..
when they itroduced me to the owner..
they told her that I'm her cousin..
because the owner didn't want any strangers..
to stay with the 2 girls..
actually the owner bought that...
after I left the apt to visit my so-called-cousin..
the owner immediately told her to ask
me to move in to them :)
so the saying is true..
"na kilabot ako ng mga gurang" :(..
actually there's only one truth on that...
"malakas sex appeal ng mga balbasero ..
kahit me edad na bibingwit :P"
they usually joke on asking me to seduce the owner..
so I can inherit the apt from her in case something happened to her :P
so after all the cousin thing...
we still call each other as "insan" :)

Karla (hausmate)
handsdown with her..
a Civil Eng and Env Sanitary Eng grad in UST...
ahhhhhh... double degree...
first time i heard of this.. i blurted out..
"corny naman buhay mo puro aral :P"....
another great cook :)
she takes care of the bills/groceries...
and divide the expenses to us...
a very responsible person..
what do you expect she's the breadwinner in her family..
so she knows it all.. all the household chores/budget stuffs...

sometimes it kinda suck..
'coz I end-up looking a spoiled-rich-brat :(
but I always try to help them...
hehehehe.. "ume-effort :P"
like when I arrived earlier from the rest of the gang..
immediatelly display my rice cooking abilities..
with the help of the rice cooker of course :P
"nde ko kaya pag s stove eh.. either sunog or lugaw labas nya"..
then text them..
"hausm8s & insan luto na po ako kanin...
xempre alang ulam.. hanggang kanin lng kaya ko eh :P.. "

7 comments:

Eliot said...

Waah. Just like my good ole dorm days.. T__T


And yeah, if you find my blog entries at http://everythingkimchi.blogspot.com/ worthy of a technorati fav, or a blogcatalog linkex, please don't hesitate to do so. I shall return the e-love. Cheers!

rc said...

wow new flat, gud lack bro hoping na maganda ang bonding nio dyan with your new housemates at sana maka adjust ka agad....


magaganda ba ang mga chix hehehehehe !!!!

Zchen said...

tnx s mga comments:)
uu ganda naman ung mga chix...

next time na lng ung pics..
nde pa ko nakaka-bwelo..
bonding moments muna :)

The_Sphinx's World said...

ngek! hanggang kanin ka lang pala. and since you seem to really like tuna, how about taking a few tips from my let's keep cooking blog? They're easy to prepare and I'm sure they'll be surprised na marunong ka rin palang magprepare ng dinner. hehehe..

Zchen said...

ui... matingnan nga yan...
me alam naman me luto ng tuna..
tuna + egg = omelet ata un..
pero sablay s lasa..
ganun talaga pag sapilitan ang pagluluto.. me halong puot :P

Anonymous Scout said...

Hey just browsing around and looking for some fellow Clementi bloggers to follow and I found this one. Cool blog!

Zchen said...

wow.... fellow clementi blogger :)
hehe.. keep up the cool/funny posts in ur blog..

ad