Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Feb 19 (Tuesday)

Work:

Called the user to check-up on the status of their Physical Inventory,
this is AM related btw, what they do is to scan all the barcodes of
the assets and compare it to the DBase :)
last month they scan the assets and load the wrong/old scan file
in the system that's why there so many unmatched data..
unfortunatelly the program doesn't allow any updates
on the scan data, so if you re-load the updated file
it will just be ignored..
not sure on why the program was designed like that
or does it have the same logic compare to the new
or version 8 of PS, not really sure hehe :)
So what we did is we purged the scan data..
talk-about deleting hundreds of rows in 7 records :(
my TL is having a 2nd thoughts of running my script..
and I was like pushing her that there's no other way..
until she gave up.. run the script, asked the user
to re-scan all assets again and this time make
sure that the right file should be loaded.
a few weeks had passed, so I called them to ask for any updates,
to my surprise :(, user told me that their director is planning
to purge the scan data again, because they loaded the
wrong file again... I was like.. when will this end!!!
or do you want me to load the file... just to make sure
THIS TIME it's the right one :(

Another AM related ticket, this time it's on UAT
the problem is that when user compared his results
on my panel to other panel, he saw a difference in the number of rows
the reason was both panels are using different records and
ideally those records should be in-synch with each other..
that's why everytime he test a scenario.. he immediatelly
calls me to synch the tables :(..
and call him after i synched the data..
pretty tiring/repetitive work.. i just want this to be done..

Life:

around 6:05 pm.. pack my things
and leave the office..
saw Andrew on the hallway also leaving work..
since we're both going to MRT station..
so why not ride the same bus, and have some chit-chat while walking..
he mentioned that he will be out for the whole week.. next week..
i was like... damn!!!.. if only i didn't go back home last christmas...
then mentioned that their manager is curious about me..
hmm... i blurted out "HUH??"..
accdg to his mngr:
i don't come with them duing lunch time..
i don't talk a lot..
and it seems i have my own world :P

all i did said was:
i don't do lunch in the first place..
im really hungry.. probablly got used for my tummys rantings
but it would be 3x hungrier if I smell food.. :(
that's why i don't wanna put myself in the cafeteria,

I don't talk a lot..
'coz there's nothing to talk to..
we're only 2 pinoys in the room..
and i'm not comfortable talking to her..
maybe 'coz shes a woman.. and probablly will
be offended about my green jokes :D

As usual bus #74 took a couple of minutes before it arrive..
the only bus that will reach Dover Station from our place..
so on the bus.. tou our surprise..
we saw 7 filipinos in there..
all wearing blue McDonalds clothings..
I wanted to squeeze myself into their discussion..
by saying..
"weeeee nde nga" :P
unfortunatelly i'm not thta kind of person..
so we just all look into the eyes..
hmmm... "i can sense pinoy blood" :P

get off the Dover Station with andrew
and bunch of mcdonalds crew...
and started the walkathon again..
it's funny 'coz when i reached our block..
reality just hit me saying you just had a long walk..
maybe i'm getting used to it..
it would be just like a breather to me :)

next obstacle the stairs..
as usual 3 mins in the stairs and i reached 14th floor..
day after day.. my legs don't feel that heavy at all..
i'm grasping less and less air as days pass by..
but one thing is certain.. i sweat a lot..

open the food cabin..
and points to the Nissin Cup Noddles..
"Gotcha!!!"
it's a pretty hot day...
that's why i'm having 2nd thoughts of
still sipping that noodle...
but FTW!!.. hot or not..
it's noodle time..
heat-up the thermos..
while waiting..
started hearing
"we want bread... we want eat bread"
get 2 pieces of bread.. spread the peanut butter..
ohh.. almost forgot a i'm a peanut butter person :)
hate other sandwich/chesse spreads..

poured the hot water in...
and again multi-tasking:
Sipping my noodles + watching TV Patrol
+ discussing why GMA will not resign +
ocassionally checking up my laptop

Misc:
hmm.....
watched.. No Country for Old Men

a torrent-fresh movie :)
overall the movie is great..
i love the bad-ass air powered gun...
no evidence will be left for sure..
except for the ocaasional..
puting my ear close to my laptop's speaker..
i think laptop's speaker doesn't produce great sounds..
'coz i can hardly hear them..
but when you plugged in an earphone..
the sound is great.. unfortunatelly I haven't got any earphone yet..

0 comments:

ad